A simple blend of Indian spices that will have you craving more. Traditionally called aloo masala this dish is a great appetizer or main course. A mouth watering dish you can make at home in under 30 minutes.
A great quick go to dinner idea because this dish can be made in a variety of ways you can boil, fry or bake these potatoes beforehand or toss in all the ingredients after cooking up the base. Either way the main ingredient in this dish stands out.
This tasty recipe relies on the garam masala mix we initially featured on our website so if you haven’t already done so be sure to check it out first if you don’t have any on hand. This is our go to dish at the end of the week.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4-5 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds (slightly crushed)
- Parsley as garnish (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- First boil the potatoes until they are fully cooked. You can test by poking a fork into a potato, the potatoes should be soft enough for the fork to go in easily.
- Strain the potatoes once they are fully cooked and set them aside to cool.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle peel the skin off and cut into 2 inch cubes.
- In a deep frypan heat up the oil on medium heat. Add in cumin, mustard seeds and coriander seeds and cook for one to two minutes.
- Add the potatoes, garam masala, turmeric powder, chili flakes and salt. Mix well until the spice covers the potatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve with fresh parsley or preferred garnish and it's ready to eat.
© 2017 AddictedtoCurry.ca All Rights Reserved.