A glassful of yum, this Mango Lassi hits the spot for those hot summer days. Made with fresh mango & yogurt is healthy as well as satisfying.
A drink commonly found at Indian restaurants but is so simple and easy to make at home any time you want. Best sipped on hot days while lounging or whenever you need a little exotic getaway during a stay-cation.
To make this beverage even healthier you can swap out the sugar for stevia or agave both which will give you the same great taste just fewer calories.
Mango Lassi goes by few other aliases a well which include: Mango yogurt drink, Mango shake, Indian Mango Shake & Amb Lassi. Regardless of the name it’s a nice and relaxing drink made in five minutes or less.
5 Quick tips to take your Mango Lassi to the next level.
So you want to try something a bit different, eh? Well here are 5 quick things you can try to switch up the taste of your mango lassi.
- Add ½ tsp ground cardamom – this makes for a slightly more cooling experience.
- Use vanilla flavoured yogurt instead of dahi – this will take the slightly tart taste away and provide a smooth taste. transforming it more into a mango yogurt smoothie than a lassi.
- Use unsweetened almond milk instead of regular milk. Not only does this make it a touch more healthier you get a relaxing drink that’s jam packed with vitamins.
- A dash or two of cinnamon – for those that want a bit more heat, works nice at the colder times of the year. Just be careful it is easy to over power everything if you add a little to much.
- Add a scoop of your favourite protein shake. Making it a great post workout drink. I do this from time to time to mix it up a bit.